Costs for software and hardware licenses are often significant in an IT budget. The job of getting to understand all license driving parameters is time consuming and difficult. Therefore many companies are over-licensed and pay too much. Or, they are under-licensed and don’t pay for all their licenses, and therefore risk high penalty fees if caught in an audit.
The key to become right-licensed and get control over licensing is to understand what the parameters driving the costs are, measure these, and of course take appropriate action.
Having control over parameters driving license costs means you will:
- Right-license and pay less! Find the optimal license packages and pay only for what you have and need.
- Optimize license needs. Remove redundant resources and avoid license costs
- Re-negotiate license deals! Having the right data will give you a solid negotiation ground!
- Be a champ in next budget work! Do it faster with more accurate results!
- Save time in the preparation work by automated data collection
- Avoid penalties at audit