There are many reasons to maintain a good documentation of the IT, but the cost for creating a functional IT documentation is often (unnecessary) high. And the number of hours spent updating it is often under-estimated and not recognized. Many companies rely on many hours of manual routine work in spreadsheets or manually updated CMDBs. In most cases there is much important information (that could enable savings or optimizations, avoid failures, etc) not recorded at all. For this reason, IT documentation is often set aside. But frankly: What is the cost for not having any IT documentation at all?
Without a good picture of the IT landscape, IT departments are unable to deliver a cost effective service to their organizations.
vScope delivers a powerful, but easy-to-use IT documentation – Which you can use. With a correct, trustful and detailed IT documentation, IT departments work smarter and achieve higher results. Optimizations and savings are made possible. Budgeting and planning is done faster and with better results. There is less firefighting, and the IT organization can deliver a better service without disruption. Manual routines are avoided. And as an extra bonus, IT decision-makers often feel they are empowered in their decision making with vScope and that they receive higher trust from their peers!
Some benefits from using vScope as your documentation
- Maintain your IT documentation automatically
- Get access to a top class documentation structure you can actually use. For many things! (You might even want to replace other products)
- Save costs on software, hardware or outsourced resources
- Optimize existing investments
- Avoid or postpone new investments
- Get valuable insights into historical usage, trends and changes in your IT. With this insight your planning become correct.
- Enable your work force to work smarter and faster in areas like problem solving, budgeting, planning etc
- Maintain a top-class IT documentation with automation. Take away manual routines in keeping an IT documentation and/or a CMDB updated
Examples of features in vScope
- Automated discovery with scheduling. Just press ‘rec’, like on a tape recorder!
- No agents and Read-only access = Extremely low Total cost of ownership
- Platform independent
- Gather correct data with high detail. Also records the metrics and configurations you might need in the future
- Auto-classification through rule-based tags
- Full history of performance and configurations
- Search, filter etc on any vertical. Extremely powerful!
- Create reports. Share information in a self-service web portal
- Table view, Graph view and an automated compliance testing engine